So you’ve just bought a shiny new gas grill! Congratulations, grilling is one of the best ways to cook food. Now comes the hard part breaking in your new grill. Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
In this post, we’ll show you how to break in your new gas grill properly so that it cooks evenly and delivers delicious results every time. Read on for tips on how to get started.
Step by Step Guide to break in a new gas grill?
1. Start by cleaning your grill. This will ensure that any contaminants are removed before you start cooking on it.
Use a grill brush and soapy water to scrub the grates clean. Rinse well and dry with a paper towel.
2. Next, you’ll need to season your grill grates. And it doesn’t matter if your gas grill is $200 worth only. This helps to prevent sticking and makes cleanup easier.
Rub them down with a high-quality cooking oil, such as canola or vegetable oil. Heat your grill on high for 15 minutes, then turn it off and let the grates cool completely.
3. Now it’s time to start cooking! Choose some simple recipes to start with, such as grilled vegetables or burgers. Cook on medium-high heat, flipping the food frequently.
4. After cooking, brush the grates clean with a grill brush. Wipe down the exterior of your grill with a damp cloth.
5. Repeat this process several times before moving on to more complicated recipes. With a little practice, you’ll be a grill master in no time!